Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Attenzione, attenzione!

We interrupt your regularly-scheduled blogging lethargy to bring you this bit breaking news: the San Diego Zoo has seen the arrival of a baby bonobo! Mali--which, according to CBS, is the Swahili word for "something valuable"--was born on September 4th, but I just learned about her birth a few minutes ago. Happily for me, I had already decided to take Friday off to spend a much-needed day at the Zoo, so I won't have to wait very long to see her. I'll post pictures when I get back, I promise (unless, of course, they have her sequestered somewhere out of the public eye, but the Zoo's website says she's accessible in their nursery, so I'm hopeful that this won't happen). In the meantime, you'll have to settle for this disgustingly cute stock photo I found online.

One. . .two. . .three, "Awwwwwwwww!"

1 comment:

Catherine said...

You posted! :)